Gladiator WoW Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gladiator WoW Forums

Gladiator Wow, Great Server of North America

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGladiator's Homepage

Reasons to Donate

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ThorMGM
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
ThorMGM

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Reasons to Donate Empty
PostSubject: Reasons to Donate   Reasons to Donate Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 2:13 pm

DONATIONS ARE NOT MANDOTORY JUST A HELPFUL GESTURE!!!!!

1st and formost reason is

We just spent 600.00 to up grade server

Any donation MIN $10.00 (see our donation section) to help for the upkeep of the server IE upgrades more memory bigger Hard drives better connections

you have access to our ventrilo channel

your getting one of the best Wow private servers on the market

For the VIP its a VIP island better mobs, more raid areas, betterdrops, more gold, more fun you make a $25.00 donation you will have all access to all the VIP features with more features to come. Once payment is made you will either have a VIP key or have access to the VIP Portal within 24 hours of payment recieved,

heres a little to explain the vip area

VIP islands issues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello dear players Smile

I saw some posts about the VIP islands here and, since we're discussing this same issue internally, we decided to come plain about it so you can participate and give your opinions and ideas.

I'm terrible in writing small posts, so grab some pop corn and coke before you proceed Smile

The VIP islands/dungeons as we know them were first created to be a special event thing.
Something you do on holidays or to celebrate some occasion.
The idea for such a celebration thing is just to give players easy xp, some better than average drops and hopefully some good deal of fun Smile
Just like the big RAIDS GMs did in the past.
They include no background story, no quests, no difficulties.

For some reason they started being used more and more often to the point they are seem as such a permanent thing that people feel compelled to complain when they are closed.

The problem the VIP islands cause is that they overrule all the context of the game in exchange for a single area.
You no longer do quests, hunt low-drop items, pk, request help to complete hard quests, walk long paths.
Everything is just a few steps away from your recall position.
The whole game resumes to talking to a single npc and killing the same monsters over and over again.
It's easy, sure, but is it really fun? Do you still take pride in your high level char? Your good build? That (once) rare item you wear?

Of course we know it's been that way for quite some time and most of you are used to it.
We acknowledge and respect that but we still have to strike the balance between good advantage to paid players and a good and entertaining gameplay.

The role of the VIP-features (as a whole, not just the islands) is to give some advantages to those that contribute with payments to the server.
In my opinion, it could give a small advantage in XP, some ways to raise a bit more gold, the possibility to acquire better items but it shouldn't draw a hard limit to the point that paid players spent most of their online time in areas non accessible by free ones or where pk is not allowed.

So, here is what I think we could do to improve:
Instead of a whole VIP island that only paid players can get to we could have small areas that gives access to VIP-content.
The VIP content would be made of quests that only paid players can do (but the quest itself would happen mostly on regular areas).

Quests could give a good variety of things: xp, gold, access to another area, items.
Some npcs could sell items that regular players can only hunt or have no way to get (please, dont get me wrong, they would SELL and not give for free or for low gold. When I say SELL I mean for a reasonably salty price Smile)
We could even have some portals or teleports

In summary, we could have benefits that blend with the storyline and looks like an RPG game, promoting the interaction between players. Not just a bunch of XP and items handed to you.
Paid and free players would play together in the same areas but the paid ones would get the extra xp/items by using the drops in quests or by killing faster by using vip-only items.

With all that said, we would like to hear your opinions and ideas.
Would you like to have something in that sense put in practice?

As with all communities, there is always a few ones that are always talking and we sometimes get to think that their opinions are the only ones.

To get a better picture of what players think, please post your ideas and ask your friends to do too.

Also, for it to really work and not derail into trash talk like many threads do, we will keep close eyes on the thread and delete anything off-topic.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://GLADIATORWOW.malware-site.www

Reasons to Donate
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gladiator WoW Forums :: Gladiator News-
Jump to: